The process that the gospel calls being born again from water and soul; rebirth from water and Spirit; or renewal in spirit, soul and body. An alchemical process of transformation and renewal where the mortal is replaced by the immortal. All unholy – all that is not from God – is broken down. In alchemical terminology: transforming worthless metals into gold.
The path of transfiguration comprises five main stages:
- Insight into the real nature of this earthly domain of existence and experience of the inner call to return to the divine nature order;
- Genuine yearning for salvation;
- Surrender of the I-central self to the inner divine spark, the rose of the heart, so that the process of salvation can be realized;
- A new approach to life, adopted and carried out spontaneously under the guidance of the inner divine spark (see for example, the Sermon on the Mount);
- Admission into the new life-field, passing into the state of the new race, the people of God.